Red eye make-up. Who can wear it? How to wear it?
Recently I have noticed that I don’t have any single product dedicated to eye make-up in red colour! Of course, I have many shades of red lipsticks, red nail polishes and a red blusher that is too dark and I shouldn’t have even bought it in the first place. But for eye make-up? Nothing!
And now it’s time to equip myself with red eye-shadows and an eyeliner in the shade of strawberry because the red make-up era has come! ♥
Unfortunately, I have to upset you…
This fiery make-up IS NOT suitable for everyone. I’m lucky enough that my beauty type perfectly matches with this kind of make-up. Red colour is a damaging one because instead of giving us sexy look, it can transform us into a nightmarish creature. This will happen if we apply red eye-shadows in the wrong way, or when we blend them with mismatching shades.
Whom does red suit?
- people of flawlessly smooth and even skin that is free from any redness and discolorations – red makes all blemishes be more visible;
- people of darker complexion, best if of olive shades, because fair complexion might look pale as a ghost with red eyeshadow applied;
- people of dark eyes, for example, having a black and brown iris, which depth can be intensified by the very red eye make-up.
How to wear red eye shadows?
The possibilities are countless and it all depends on your creativity. To demonstrate, we can apply only a thin line along eyelash root line or reach for red eye-shadows. For more brave women I suggest giving a go to red smoky eyes topped up by a juicy cat eye line. However, if you don’t want to wear such eye-catching make-up, you can reach for a red eye shadow but treat it just as a delicate element applied to, for example, the coroner of the eye or just to the lower eyelid.
You must remember about this!
And here is a handful of tips concerning the way you should wear red eye make-up. I discovered them thanks to running my more or less successful experiments with red eye shadows. Therefore, lay your trust in me because I know what I’m talking about 🙂
- If you decide to apply red eye make-up, resign from applying a heavy lipstick. Dark eye make-up composes well with lips either of nude or natural shades. Therefore, you can just apply a shimmering lip-gloss to look good.
- If it’s your first time with red cosmetics on, it’s wiser to start from applying just small portions of it and gradually, day after day, move to more imposing make-up. This will let you avoid the situation when instead of sexy smoky eye you end up with a big unsightly red mark all around your eyes.